Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Opening Night 2010

By K.J. Cardinal

There used to be a time in my life when I'd be so bummed if I wasn't in the building for a big game like tonight's Celtic home opener against the Heat. But Opening Night festivities at our house tonight couldn't be matched anywhere.

During the preseason this year, I busted out some of my Celtics paraphernalia (rally towels, thunder sticks and wrist bands) and Anna really took to it. I used it as my way of getting her into the games and it has worked like a charm.

Sure we spend most of the first quarter bopping each other in the head with the thunder sticks, but she'll get into the game a little bit with her patented "yessssss!" when the Celtics score. And, she'll dip into her bag of tricks and do an occasional "whoooo!" and wave her rally towel. It's pretty fun... until she gets sick of it, right around halftime and is ready to move on to something else.

Anyway, Leo threw on his Pierce jersey/onesie (thanks Adam & Holly!) and fit right in. He is pretty amused by anything Anna does, so thunder sticks and rally towels really grabbed his attention.

I am already looking forward to the day when I can take both of them to a Celtics game. Some of my favorite memories with my Dad have come watching the Celtics both in person and on TV, when I was a kid and an adult. So in my mind, they can't be too young to get addicted to the Celtics. It's in there blood, so they really don't have a choice in the matter. GO C's!

No comments:

Post a Comment