Monday, October 12, 2009

A princess is married

By K.J. Cardinal

There have been certain moments in Anna's life that have been cute and we all laugh and embrace the joy that is Anna, but then there are moments like Saturday that are just so adorable that it makes you love kids so much and feel so lucky to have them in your life.

In the third and final installment of "A George wedding: A Pete and Gail production", Suzanne and Chris got married on Saturday in a thoughtful day of festivities. The day had many highlights, which I'll get to in a minute, but I can't bury the lead here.

As some of you may know, Anna has this love affair with princesses. Whether it's Snow White, Tinkerbell, Ariel from Under the Sea or any other beautiful woman in a pretty dress, Anna loves them.

Well, Suzanne, adorned in a beautiful dress of her own, became Anna's favorite princess. While on the dance floor during the reception, Anna was pointing to Suzanne and saying "Dance with princess, dance with princess". It was so precious.

The absolute best part of this came late in the night when Anna was exhausted and wanted to dance with the princess. Suzanne was gracious enough to dance with Anna... and nearly put her to sleep. Anna was in her glory.

Thanks so much Suzanne for taking time out of your special day to turn the day into a special day for Anna too. It was definitely one of those moments in Anna's life that I will personally never forget and I'm glad you were a part of it too.

The day had many other amazing moments as well, and for me, none was more moving than the stirring rendition of "The Wedding Song" that my Dad played during the ceremony. He can play that song a million times and every time I'll get all choked up. He has played it at dozens of weddings, but when he plays it now, I am brought back to that day in June of 2003 when he played it at Tiffany and Pete's wedding. One of the best moments in Cardinal history.

The seasoned veteran Andrew was ring bearer yet again and did another spectacular job. As you can see in the photo at right, Andrew is all business with his important wedding duties. Seeing him a little suit and tie just cracks me up.

Andrew, Natalie and Anna tore it up on the dance floor, creating quite a spectacle at times for everyone to see as well.

I have tons of video footage from the night, which I will post at some point. Until then, enjoy this video I put together. If you can watch this clip without getting teary-eyed, you're a bigger man than I. Congrats Suzanne and Chris!



[WATCH MOVIE]

2 comments:

  1. This is unbelieveable KJ, I don't know how you put this together but it captures how special this day was for all of us. Suzanne and Chris definitely are in love and it was such a fantastic day for all.
    I for one, have never seen Dad play that whole song in a video before and it will be such a wonderful memory for us as we grow old. I just love him so much and I am so very proud of him for having the talent to do what he does :)
    The kids were outstanding and I know a great time was had by all. I especially loved when Anna wanted to dance with the Princess, and that she certainly was!!!!
    We are so blessed to have such a special relationship with the whole George family. It is one of the most cherished blessings in my life.
    Thanks so much for your hard work and talents to put this together. I love you, Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh KJ you are remarkable!! Your journalism and videography talents are such a treasure! I have watched the video a hundred times and tear up each and every time!! You captured the beauty and love of the day. YOur Dad's singing was the icing on the cake!! He is awesome and it is so meaningful to us that he was able to perform at the wedding! Even though our families don't get together as often as we would like it is heartwarming to know that we are family and cherish the times that we are together!!
    Thank you so much for this wonderful blog!!!! Not just for the wedding entry but for making us able to watch Anna grow into the princess that she is!!
    Love
    SMIL

    ReplyDelete