Saturday, May 31, 2008

Corey graduates, Anna turns into Devil

By K.J. Cardinal

Earlier tonight Angie, Anna and I made the trek out to UMass for Corey's (Angie's brother) Ludlow High School graduation ceremony.

Corey and his cousin Vanessa (both pictured at right) were the big draws for the Malaquias-Dias clan, which is always quite an entourage. The ceremony was descent. Pretty short and sweet, so I liked it.

Anna is in the process of cutting her top teeth, so she's been uncharacteristically cranky at times lately. Usually only for an hour or so a day, but that's still an hour more than usually.

So naturally I was a little unsure of whether or not it would be a good idea to drive her an hour and a half to sit in the stands at a graduation ceremony, but as always she was awesome.

She handled it like a champion. Between all the clapping, hooting and hollering and even a few air horns here and there, she just inquisitively looked around, but was really unphased by it all.

I was acting as photographer following the ceremony and I managed to capture this photo of Anna with Ang, Vanessa and Lisette where it appears that Anna is turning into the Devil. I usually correct the red eye in all photos that I post on the blog, but I had to leave Anna's eyes red in this shot just to accentuate the devilish details.

Anyway, after the graduation we bolted back home so I could catch the end of the Celtics game. When we walked in the door the C's were down by 10 at the start of the fourth quarter. The minute I turned it on, they went a 19-4 run to put the game away.

The Boston Celtics are going to the NBA Finals!!! I am beyond excited about this and will probably dedicate a few more posts to my team over the next few weeks.

Well, I'm sure I'll have some great posts following this weekend's festivities as tomorrow is Andrew's second birthday! Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment