Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Anna readies for crucial Game 5

By K.J. Cardinal

Despite being only six and a half months old, Anna obviously senses the importance of tonight's Game 5 of the First Round of the 2008 NBA Playoffs between the Celtics and Hawks. Just one look at the photo on the right and you can see that she already has her game face on.

For the most crucial C's playoff game of her life, Anna opted to go old school with the Bill Walton-esque hairdo with headband. Papa is not a fan of Walton's, but for some reason Anna wanted to honor the Hall of Famer that was a key role player in the Celtics 1986 title run. Glad to see she has a sense of her sports history.

Anyway, the best part of Anna's gameday ensemble, however, is obviously her new pink Celtics warm-up.

When Angie, Sammy, Anna and I returned from our vacation on Saturday, we were welcomed home by a package for Anna. Once I saw the return address was NBA.com, I immediately knew who it was really from, but not what it would be.

I was psyched when I opened it up to see a sweet Adidas warm-up for Anna...and as I figured it was from Ben & Lynsey.

My buddy Ben is the only person that I can honestly say is as crazy about the Celtics as I am (and probably Moody too). We aren't fans...we are fanatics. We were raised adoring Bird, McHale and Parrish. We loyally stuck by the C's through the M.L. Carr and Rick Pitino eras. We had some memorable moments in section 316. And, most importantly, we both questioned our sexuality during Antoine Walker's days in Green.

So, it was really only fitting that Benny was the first person to come through with some crucial C's gear for Anna. The timing was perfect too...right in time for the playoffs. I have been waiting for the right moment to bust it out and tonight's the night. This is a MUST WIN game for the C's, so hopefully Anna's new warm-up will bring a little luck to the boys in pink...I mean green.

Thanks Ben & Lynsey...GO C's!

No comments:

Post a Comment