Friday, April 25, 2008

Last full day at Steele Hill

By K.J. Cardinal

Today marks the last full day of our vacation at Steele Hill and we've had a blast.

The weather has been amazing all week and has really added to the fun that we were able to have. On Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday I was able to make it down to Farmington to golf with my Dad, Matt and Jeremy at Farmington Country Club.

My Christmas gift for my dad this year was a membership at the FCC and he appears to be REALLY loving it...even more than I originally expected. From Sunday to Thursday he improved by 12 strokes and we were able to spend a lot of time together, which is even better.

Likewise, my Mom and Katie were able to make it up to Steele Hill a few times and got to hang out with the girls quite a bit. This week has really been a teaser for June 21-28 when we all have a rental house together on Perkins Pond. We can't wait!

We've spent a lot of time by the pool. Anna really loves the water and seems to be on her way to a water bug, much like Sammy. Angie and Sammy bought Anna this little yellow duck that she can sit in while in the pool and she's so adorable in it. She kicks her feet underneath and splashes the water all around. She's the best.

On Wednesday night we had a really good dinner at Patrick's Pub. That place is awesome. They had a guy on an acoustic guitar singing and the food was awesome, as usual.

Last night, my Mom brought dinner up and cooked us some awesome seafood canollis. Aunt Kate was able to make it up after her class too, so it was a great night.

It's back to reality for me on Sunday as we have a PackCast of the America East Women's Lacrosse Championship at BU. Adam really hooked me up this week by taking care of the semifinals, which are being played right now, so thanks a lot buddy.

Well, the next post will probably be from back in Hudson, but April Vacation 2008 has been a lot of fun. Thanks so much Mom and Dad for letting us take over your timeshare and we're glad you were able to spend so much time with us.

I'll post some photos to accompany this post when I have more time...

No comments:

Post a Comment