Saturday, April 5, 2008

Happy half-birthday Anna

By K.J. Cardinal

It really is so unbelievable that today marks Anna's half-birthday as she turns six months old. It seems just like yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital.

I know people always say that their kids grow up fast, but I never really had a good understanding of that until having one of my own. Before Anna was born, I would tell Angie that I already couldn't wait until Anna was up and running around so I could play with her and whatnot.

I had this preconceived notion in my head that before babies could walk they were somewhat useless. Don't get me wrong, I've always loved kids, but I somehow thought that I really enjoyed them more once they could walk around and do stuff. I can't believe how wrong I was.

On a daily basis, I tell Angie, "I don't want Anna to grow up." And I don't. She has been the perfect baby. She brings so much joy to our lives and has been such a treat to take care of on a daily basis. As my mom would say, we really are "truly blessed."

I think I have changed my perspective so much that I think that babies are now my favorite age of children. Prior to Anna I never could've imagined saying that...and maybe whatever age Anna is will always be my favorite age of children. But either way, Anna has changed my life in so many amazing ways in just six months.

So, happy half-birthday Anna. We love you more than you could ever imagine.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, so I am a blubbering mess as I try to read Pete this post about our adorable niece. I couldn't agree with you more about how parenthood changes your perspective on everything. We are so lucky. Happy 6 Month Birthday Anna. We love you! Love, Aunt Tiffany & Uncle Pete AND Andrew & Baby George

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...this post is waaaay too cute! Glad to hear you're having so much fun being a Daddy - I knew you would :)

    And HAPPY HALF-BIRTHDAY ANNA! I can't believe you're already 6 months old...you're officially an "old fart" in my book. Love and miss you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 6 month Birthday my beautiful Anna. I can't believe how fast her first 6 months has gone by but then again I can't believe Andrew is going to be 2 years old soon! I am so glad that you all "get it" about how wonderful being a parent really is. There is nothing like it. And yes, we all are truly blessed. I love you all more than words can say... Love Mom

    ReplyDelete