Saturday, August 23, 2008

A day at the beach

By K.J. Cardinal

Just another day at the beach for Anna.

With Angie's work schedule now giving her Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays off (and every other Wednesday), Angie, Anna and I decided to take advantage of the great weather yesterday and hit the beach.

We went to this place called Douglas Water Park, located about 40 minutes west of Hudson. They have a few small water slides that go into a big pool and it's located right on a lake. We didn't take advantage of the water slides, but Anna did love the nice sandy beach and the warm water.

Just steps off the beach they have a huge shaded, grassy area with picnic tables. This was handy for me as I had to get some work done.

On a side note, this winter I got a Sprint wireless card and it's one of the best investments I've made. Without it, I wouldn't have been able to go to the beach yesterday with Angie and Anna. With it, I was able to do some work, reply to emails and really fool the real working world like I was truly working...pretty cool for a day at the beach.

1 comment:

  1. Do I not have the most gorgeous grandchildren in the world or what?
    I absolutely love the picture of Anna in her hot pink bathingsuit. The matching hat is just too cute. I'm glad you got to enjoy the day, it was a beautiful one even if we did have to work! Miss you guys and love you bunches & bunches.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete