Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The tricks keep coming

By K.J. Cardinal

I'm not going to start this post with my obligatory "I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while" routine. I'm busy.

Anna is also busy...busy learning new tricks.

One of her latest Houdini like efforts is pictured at right. No need to explain one of the oldest tricks in the book, but she's so stinkin' cute, isn't she?

Angie was playing with Anna on the couch one day, trying to get the spoon to balance on Anna's nose and it appeared as if Anna actually understood what she was doing and what she was supposed to do. She would be patient while Angie tried to get it to balance on her nose and once it did, she would look at us with that "I'm a little shit" look on her face. It was priceless.

The funniest part though was how she'd hold her head up high in order to get the spoon to balance just right on her nose. It was seriously as if she knew what she was doing.

She's not advanced yet enough to put the spoon on her own nose...she nearly pokes her eyes out when she tries...but she's in training.

With the Olympic spirit running rampant through our house, I have started Anna on a rigorous training session so one day she can do us proud and take home the gold in spoon balancing.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my God, Anna is seriously adorable.I broke out laughing when I saw this picture. I think we have some picture of Aunt Kate doing the same thing but I don't think he was only 10 months old. I guess spoon balancing just runs in the family! Thanks for making my night. I love you guys, Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. MY BABY IS SUPER CUTE! <3
    -SAMMY

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!!! She clearly has the Cardinal nose :) I'm pretty sure we can all do that...quite well too. It must have to do with the well water in f*town.

    -Kater Potater

    ReplyDelete