Sunday, March 29, 2009

Carousel, bloon and Anna's entourage

By K.J. Cardinal

Meme & Papa were kind enough to come down to visit us today and, of course, we had a blast.

Like most great times that we have with my parents, we didn't really do much... we never need to. We played with Anna, had some good food, great conversation and of course a few adult beverages.

We hung out at home most of the rainy day, but then ventured to the Solomon Pond Mall so Anna could take a ride on the merry-go-round.

Angie got to take the ride with Anna while my parents and I got to get a kick out of the look of surprise on Anna's face every time she came around to see us. She even blew Meme & Papa kisses a few times on her way by.

Anna is so hilarious. When she got on the horse she was petting him nicely and when she went to get off, she had to give him a kiss. Probably not the most sanitary thing to let your kid do, but what the hell, right?

After the carousel ride, we finally broke down and bought Anna her very own punching balloon. The carousel ticket booth has punching balloons already inflated and every time we pass by Anna says "bloon, bloon", but we never bought her one until today.

It turned out to be a great decision, if for nothing other than the photo below.


Anna thought she was on top of the world as she walked around the mall with her "bloon" with her entourage in tow.

Just when I thought the day couldn't get any better, it did. Louisville and Rick Pitino were upset by Michigan State!

I couldn't have cared less that I had the Spartans winning in my bracket, but I was extremely fired up that Pitino lost... if you need me to explain why I hate Pitino, please refrain from reading this blog in the future.

Anyway, it was a great day from start to finish and the best way that we could think of capping off such a great week.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear ya'll had so much fun with Meme and Papa. I wish I didn't have to work so I could have been there too -- then again, that may have been too much fun to handle :) And as for the game..that REALLY hurt my brackets :(-Kater

    ReplyDelete
  2. kj,
    i too have michigan state winning in my bracket... great minds must think alike!

    ReplyDelete