Monday, March 16, 2009

March madness ends...finally

By K.J. Cardinal

When I left my job at America East in the summer of 2007, never in a million years did I think it would be possible for me to have a busier work schedule in the month of March, but boy was I wrong.

Pack Network has really taken off lately and our services have been in high demand. For the seven-day stretch from March 7-13, we produced an unthinkable 22 basketball games... 16 of which I worked.

We did the Northeast-10 Conference men's and women's title games, the Northeast Conference women's quarters and semis (six games), the National Prep Championship (seven games), the America East first round and quarters (five games) and two games at BU.

Luckily my travels only had me going as far away as Hartford, but it was quite a whirlwind week nonetheless.

So needless to say, I was glad to be home with the girls all day yesterday.

Last fall Angie bought this MacPac, a baby backpack. We hadn't really been able to use it, so yesterday was its maiden voyage.

The three of us took advantage of the awesome weather and went for a long walk. Our plan was to hit up a local playground, have lunch at the Horseshoe Pub and then return back home.

Anna has clearly developed quite a bit of courage since the last time we went to a playground as she was going down the slides all by herself.

The MacPac is definitely cool and Anna really enjoys being in it. Our trip had us walking probably 3-4 miles, so the last half mile or so I was more than ready to take the pack off. But, Anna fell asleep, so it was totally worth it.

I know I've said it a million times, but I can't wait for the nice weather to be here to stay. Anna is at such a great age to go outside and play and she LOVES it. In fact, when we got home yesterday and went inside our house, she stood looking out the small window next to our front door and was crying because she wanted to go back outside.

This week I think I am going to buy a bicycle and pick up this baby bike seat that I bought on craigslist. I think Anna will really get a kick out of that.

Also, Katie is coming down today as we have a big day of boozing it up in the city for St. Patrick's Day planned. If anyone of you blog readers out there are going to be in the city tomorrow, let me know and we'll try to meet up. Follow my twitter tomorrow...I'll try to update it plenty throughout the day.

1 comment:

  1. Hip, Hip, Hooray...You made your mothers day. I am so excited that you are slowing down a little bit from work so you can relax and keep me posted on your families adventures. I love the look on your face KJ, as Anna is coming down the slide. You get such a kick out of her and it always shows. I'm glad you love your girls so much. Please be easy on Katie tomorrow:). Have a great day.

    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete