Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Anna's first battle scar

By K.J. Cardinal

On Sunday, Angie, Anna and I went to a holiday party at our friends John & Julie's house and Anna came away with her first real battle scar.

Sure she's bumped her head here or there and got an occasional bruise on her shin or something, but this was her first bonafied "a little bit harder and I would've needed stiches" type of injury. Anna was running around the house pretty much all afternoon and having a great time with all the kids that were there.

In the midst of the chaos, Anna didn't realize that this drop-down leaf of this desk had been pulled out and she ran right into the corner of it. As you can see, it's an L-shaped mark that slightly broke the skin.

She took it like a champ though. She cried for a minute or so, but then was right back down on the floor running around with all the kids. We tried to ice it a little bit, but she wasn't really having it. She just wanted to get back out there and have fun.

Like I always say, it's not a party unless someone gets hurt. OK, so maybe I don't always say that, but maybe I should start. It seems like at every good party an injury of sorts (mostly self-inflicted) occurs...and the Ruppert's holiday gathering was no exception.

1 comment:

  1. I hope my little cutie's boo-boo is alright.I'm glad she isn't like you at this age, if you didn't bleed once a week it just wasn't right.
    I absolutely LOVE the video of Anna saying Papa and running around with his picture. It made me cry.
    I can't wait to see you guys next week.I miss you all.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete