Thursday, September 24, 2009

Pete wins club championship

By K.J. Cardinal

As some of you may have heard (or followed my updates on Twitter), Pete George won the Farmington Country Club Championship back on September 7.

It was my first time ever going to the club championship and it was a lot of fun to follow the final pairing around the course. The 36-hole, one-day match actually had to go to a playoff, where Pete took home the title on the second playoff hole.

Pete was playing in his ninth club championship, so it was so great to see him take home his first title. I would just like say that I did not attend his first eight championship matches, so naturally, I feel as if I'm Pete's good luck charm.

Anyway, the only thing on the day that I found more impressive than Pete's play was the support of the George family. Pete's mom, wife, kids, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, friends, etc. were all on hand to root Pete on and to witness the joyous occasion. Probably a gallery of around 50 people.

It was really something to see and just goes to show you how much that entire family cares for one another. Top to bottom, the George family is absolutely amazing and some of my favorite people in the entire world bear the last name George.

Congrats Pete on the title and for having a championship-caliber family as well.



[WATCH MOVIE]

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much KJ for sharing this!! It certainly was an awesome day not just for the win but to have so many close friends and family there to share!! I LOVED the picture of Pete with his Mom!!! She was so proud and happy for her son!! We certainly are blessed! And very lucky to have the Cardinal family be included in our family!! I love you all!!!
    SMIL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS PETE!!! Sorry I wasn't there to witness it, but boy did I hear about just every swing! Great job on the video KJ :)

    _Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you like the video so much, Gail. I can't take credit for that photo of Pete and Lena though... that was courtesy of Karon.

    Tiffany and Pete officially united the Cardinal and George clans, but we were family long before that :)

    ReplyDelete