Saturday, July 3, 2010

Fountain fun

By K.J. Cardinal

I'm sure this comes as no surprise to anyone, but even though Leo's been here for five days, my world still revolves around Anna.

Yesterday Anna and I had a great afternoon at the public water fountain in town. It took Anna a little coaxing to run directly through the water, but I grabbed her hand and ran through once with her and then it was game on. I swear that she ran through that thing for an hour straight without stopping.

What was particularly hilarious was when she used one of the fountains spraying straight up as her own personal bidet of sorts (pictured at right). She saw one of the other kids do it and apparently just had to give it a spin herself. It was priceless.

It's so cool to see what a difference a year makes for Anna. Last year, we hit up this fountain park a few times and she wasn't as brave as she was yesterday.

I'm already looking forward to the day when Leo can run around with her. I don't want him to grow up too fast, but being able to play with the both of them is going to be a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment