Tuesday, March 25, 2008

6:05 first pitch too early for Anna

By K.J. Cardinal

I woke up early this morning to watch the Red Sox season opener, but Anna couldn't bring herself to wake up until about 7:45 a.m. The 6:05 first pitch proved to be too early even for Anna, who had been eagerly awaiting her first-ever opening day.

Once Anna woke up, I gave her a bottle, put the game on the radio, gave her a bath and got her geared up in her Dice K pink Red Sox t-shirt. By the time we returned downstairs to watch the game, Dice K had already been pulled, so his poor start had nothing to do with her wearing his shirt.

Anna enjoyed about an inning and a half before passing out on the couch...as you can see above. Also, I had to re-post this picture of Anna (see left) from the first time she wore her Dice K t-shirt from Vicky back on October 29, 2007, when she was just 24 days old. I can't believe how big she is already.

Anyway, it's apparent that Anna is somewhat of a good luck charm for Manny Ramirez though. The night she was born he hit a walk-off homerun to win Game 2 of the ALDS versus the Angels and he just ripped a two-run double in the top of the 10th to give the Sox the 6-4 lead. Coincidence? I think not.

As you all probably know by now, Angie and I are big fans of bringing Anna anywhere and everywhere we go, but I'm torn on what to do with her when it comes to going to her first Red Sox game. I know that I'll be going to quite a few games this year, like usual, but I'm just not sure if Fenway would be a good idea for her just yet.

We might bring her to one game just so we can say that she went to a game this season. It would be such a project to get her there though with all her gear and whatnot and, in case you didn't realize it, the seats at Fenway aren't too spacious. So, it would probably be a bad experience for all of us all around.

When I went to Game 2 of the World Series last year with Adam, I actually contemplated bringing Anna in just to get a picture with her near the field and then bringing her back out for Angie to take home. I opted against it, which was probably a good call since it was a mob scene down in Kenmore Square, but it would have been cool to get that photo of her.

So, we'll have to see what happens this season, but regardless Anna will be "watching" the Sox all season long at home...but the 6:05 a.m. starts are tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment