Thursday, March 6, 2008

Anna turns five months, takes first walk

By K.J. Cardinal

Yesterday, Anna celebrated her five month birthday. It was nearly 60 degrees in Hudson, so I decided to take her for the official first walk.

I may have overdone it by bundling her up with a hooded sweatshirt AND a hat, along with two blankets, but I guess a baby can never be too warm.

She really seemed to love the outdoors. She was looking all around and "talking." We made two trips around the block and as we got a few hundred yards from our house, she had fallen fast asleep.

I'm really looking forward to this horrible winter to end so I can get outside more with Anna. It will be great for her to get some fresh air, but even better for me to get out more. I don't get out of the house everyday, so I'll be so happy to go for walks or just sit out on the back deck with Anna.

As some of you have probably heard, one of my dear friends and college roommates, Ted Everidge, passed away on Saturday in a motorcycle accident out in Las Vegas. Ted, 29, was in the Air Force, married and had two kids, so it's been a very, very difficult week. I've never lost a close friend and it's definitely one of the hardest things I've ever had to deal with.

Ted's wake is on Monday and the funeral is on Tuesday. It just all seems so unbelievable to me. I am currently working with a few friends to set up a college fund for his two kids, Logan and Faith, and I will be sure to post details here once I know them.

I have also started a blog to get the word out on this fund. Moody and I are also going to do an annual event or two to celebrate Ted's life each year and to give support to Brandi and the kids. Check out that blog at www.ForeverTed.com. We'll never forget you Ted, you'll be sorely missed.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for the loss of a great friend, KJ. Sure sounds like Ted was a great man. Keep those special memories close to your heart. We are thinking of you in this time of loss. Heather, Dave, Austin and Ty.

    ReplyDelete