Thursday, April 17, 2008

Hammock a hit with Anna

By K.J. Cardinal

Fatherhood has been drastically improved with the nice weather of late. Don't get me wrong, it was great to spend every waking second this winter with Anna by my side, but being cooped up in the house every day wasn't so great.

A 70-degree day today meant Anna and I could enjoy the outdoors. We tried to go for a walk around the neighborhood, but front-end loaders and dump trucks were everywhere installing a sidewalk in our development. So, instead we opted to hang out in the backyard.

Amidst the construction ruckus, Anna was enjoying herself on a blanket with a few toys. She seemed to be unphased by all the commotion. We did that for a while and then I got the idea of letting her experience the hammock. Boy, was that a good call.

She looked so small when I placed her in the center of the hammock. At first she just wanted to try to eat the rope, but then I started to swing the hammock and she loved it.

It's so great to not only be able to bring her outdoors, but not to have to bundle her up with hats, boots, etc. She looks cute in all her winter wear, but it's definitely a pain to put on and take off all the time. Anyway, the nice weather is appreciated...let's just hope Anna likes the driving range as much as Daddy does.

In somewhat related news...
Angie and I just got a new Nikon digital SLR camera. You may be able to tell the improved quality in the photos above. It's safe to say that I will be posting more photos and better photos from now on. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Love the hammock picture!! Andrew would LOVE all the construction going on!! I guess there is a difference between boys and girls!
    On a side note! FCC is open for business as of today.
    Love
    Gail

    ReplyDelete