Saturday, April 19, 2008

A visit with the George's; Steele Hill at last

By K.J. Cardinal

Day two of April Vacation 2008 was light years ahead of day one.

Anna got to spend the morning with Meme, Papa and Aunt Kate before heading off to visit the George clan. When we arrived at Tiff & Pete's, Andrew greeted us at the door and I know I'm biased, but there really isn't a cuter kid in the world. I could describe how adorable he is, but instead I will interrupt this post to show you these pictures, they speak for themselves...


...and now back to your previously scheduled blog...

The newest member of the family, Natalie, was doing great. She slept nearly the entire time we were there, but it didn't matter because I got to hold her for a good chunk of time and I was able to get my fix.

Her coloring is great. Tiff and Pete are as lily white as I am, but Natalie definitely looks like she's got a little tan going on. I know babies eyes are usually blue, but Natalie's looked super blue today...sorry, I didn't get a photo of 'em.

After Tiff and Pete's, we snagged some lunch, bought a bunch of groceries and then headed to Steele Hill. We checked in and went right to our room.

It's always a crap-shoot with the rooms here. They are all pretty nice, but sometimes you get a newly renovated room or a great location.

So if the room assignments are a crap shoot, we rolled a 7. We have the closest room to the indoor pool, which makes Sammy's day (and mine too because I can just quickly run back to the room to grab a beer instead of having to buy one at the pool bar), and the room we got is awesome.

After we checked into our home-away-from-home for the next seven days, we had to immediately go and hit up the pool. Since the first time Angie and I talked about taking Anna swimming, I said that we had to get her an "itsy bitsy teenie weenie yellow polka dot bikini" (you can thank me later for getting that song stuck in your head). So, with a little help from Kris, Angie's co-worker, Angie found the prized bikini a few weeks ago and we've been anxiously awaiting getting her in the pool.

Needless to say, Anna seemed to like the pool. When Angie carried her in the water, she was unphased. When Anna was held upright, she would kick her feet as if she was trying to tread water. It was adorable...as you can see.

Tomorrow I'm hitting the links with my dad and hopefully Matt and Jeremy and then my dad and I are heading to Rick's first-ever ACT race at Lee. Should be another great day.

1 comment:

  1. Hey KJ! Glad that you are blogging on vacation! Looks and sounds like you are having a blast!
    Love
    Gail
    P.S.
    Need to update the birthday's to include Natalie :)

    ReplyDelete