Monday, February 23, 2009

Worst to best

By K.J. Cardinal

Those of you who have been over our house for an evening at some point for the last three months or so, know that putting Anna to bed hasn't always been the easiest thing. To be honest, it was the worst part of the day for me.

When we'd put Anna in her crib, she'd just cry and cry and cry and we'd have to let her cry herself to sleep in order to teach her that she had to go to sleep in her own crib by herself. We would feel awful and it took a lot out of us not to run up stairs and get her out of her crib.

Well, those terrible days are coming to a close. I don't want to say that Anna goes to bed flawlessly now, because I don't want to jinx it, but she's definitely learning.

Our nightly routine now is around 8:30 or so I pick up Anna and tell her it's time to go "Night-night". I carry her over to give Angie and Sammy a kiss and upstairs we head... Anna usually waves and says "buh-bye".

When we get into her room, I change her diaper (if necessary) and put her in her crib. Then, I tuck her in alongside a few stuffed animals and put a book within her reach. I pick up her Nemo stuffed animal and say "Who's this?" And, Anna says "feeesh" and reaches out to grab and hug Nemo.

Lastly, I blow Anna a kiss and say "Night-night". She then blows me a kiss and waves "buh-bye".

It's so precious.

It's hard to believe that for about three months putting Anna to bed was the worst part of my day because now it is absolutely the best part of my day.

2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet and so true. I can still remember to this day the hard time Meme had getting Uncle Doug to bed. It finally worked when Meme stayed up half the night holding the doorknob so he wouldn't get out of his room crying just as hard as Uncle Doug was:(. After that night it was a breeze...
    Can't wait to see you all tomorrow
    I really Miss you all, Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man..this picture of Anna in that hott pink vest I got her is just ADORABLE!!! It was so great getting to see ya'll this weekend. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KJ :)

    Can't wait to see you the week after next!

    Love you
    Kater

    ReplyDelete