Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Near iPhone disaster

By K.J. Cardinal

The excitement that Angie and I had from purchasing our new iPhone's on Sunday nearly turned into a disaster on Monday.

While up in NH for the day on Monday, Angie came across a news story saying that Apple was releasing a new iPhone on June 19 and that the current iPhone's would be reduced in price by $100.

When Angie told me the news, she had this look of complete panic in her eyes. Knowing Apple though, I didn't worry.

I calmly picked up the phone and called the friendly customer service desk at the Apple Store on Boylston Street where we purchased our phones about 24 hours earlier. The chipper coed on the other end ensured me "Don't worry. You can either upgrade to the new iPhone for free or get a refund for the difference."

Phew... dodged a bullet there. I would've been pretty upset if after waiting over a year for my Verizon contract to expire, I would've been a day early on getting either a $100 cheaper iPhone, or more importantly a new upgrade.

The new iPhone 3G S, which we'll get in our hands on June 19, has a bunch of cool new features from the iPhone 3G that we bought on Sunday. The best new feature (for me) has to be the fact that the camera on the iPhone will also be able to take, edit and upload video directly to youtube. This is huge, not only for me, but for all of you out there that follow The Cardinal Blog.

June 19 is going to be a big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment