Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Leo Michael Cardinal

By K.J. Cardinal

Wow. Now that was awesome. After a day of playing the waiting game, Angie got the pitocin, broke her water, got the epidural and out came Leo. It all happened so fast. It was amazing. I even cut the cord this time!

Anyway, I'm wiped out right now, so I'll keep this post short and to the point...
 
Leo Michael Cardinal
Born: 9:13 p.m.
Weight: 8 pounds, 10 ounces (originally got recorded as 9 ounces, but was officially 10)
Length: 21 inches
 

Such a little dude. The kid's a chick magnet already. I mean, seriously. I had to beat the nurses off him with a stick... it was borderline ridiculous.

He hasn't cried much yet (I know this is jinxing it, right?) and just hangs out. Barely flinched when he got shots. Liked the bath and was a champion. I love him.

Anyway, I can't wait for my sisters and company to meet Leo tomorrow. I am particularly psyched to see Andrew and Natalie hold the little guy. I'm sure it'll be such a precious moment.

Angie is getting some much deserved sleep and is doing great. I can't even begin to express how much of an amazing woman my wife is. I'm so proud of her in so many ways. Even after having two amazing kids with her, she's still the best thing that's ever happened to me.

Here's a gratuitous shot of his feet... since I love baby feet... and a video of Anna holding and kissing Leo... talk about a tear-jerker for this guy.

Good night all and thanks to everyone for the well wishes.


[WATCH VIDEO]

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations KJ,Angie, Sammy and Anna!! LOVE the video! I love how Anna wanted Angie to hold Leo after you gave her the option! She is going to be a great big sister!! Also loved how Leo couldn't take his sleepy eyes off his Dad!!
    Best wishes!!
    Love
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Auntie Carol can't wait to see Anna with her baby brother.
    Love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so perfect and you guys have two very beautiful children. Congrats and best of wishes from us.
    Love Tracy,Ricky,Lily and Jake. :)

    ReplyDelete