Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A genious in the making

By K.J. Cardinal

We just had another doctor's appointment this morning and we're still waiting for Anna's arrival. I'm officially predicting that she's going to be born AFTER her due date. Maybe this is me trying to use a little reverse psychology, but I just don't envision her being born in the next two days.

Ang is 70 percent effaced, but the doctor said that the baby hasn't "dropped" much yet. This doesn't necessarily mean that she couldn't be born soon, but again, I'm just not feeling it. I'm hoping that my baby hunches are as good as my fantasy football hunches this year...which have been horrible. If this the case, then I'm sure Ang will go into labor in the next hour or so.

Being an optimist here, maybe it's a good thing if Anna is born after her due date. Apparently Albert Einstein was born a few weeks after his due date, so maybe Anna will be a genius like Al. If this proves to be true, I'll obviously claim it's because she takes after her father, and delete this blog posting to erase my acknowledgement of the "Baby Einstein" effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment