Monday, December 10, 2007

Anna learns to laugh, avoids camera

By K.J. Cardinal

Well, I wanted to have a video of Anna's little laugh to post along with this entry, but she's been avoiding the camera lately. She will be super cute, talkative and smiley...and then I put the camera in front of her and she puts her best poker face on. What's wrong with that kid...doesn't she know she has a cyber life to lead. Geez.

Anyway, I guess I spoiled the surprise, but Anna is beginning to learn how to laugh. She only does it a handful of times a day, usually when Dad's acting like a jackass to get a rise out of her, but nonetheless she has started to laugh. And, as you would expect, it's adorable.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that Angie's friends Aunt Missy and Jamie should be credited for Anna's first laugh. They were over that day and they were tag-team tickling Anna while she sat in her high chair. Anna was all smiles and then let out a little giggle that stopped everyone in their tracks and prompted all of us to laugh hysterically. Anna then frowned a little by sticking out her bottom lip as I think our uproariousness (is that even a word) startled her, which made us laugh even harder. Anyway, it was a great moment.

Anna is also further discovering her voice, which is usually the loudest while she's eating her hands. In the last week or so I really feel like she's developed more than any other seven-day stretch. She is getting a lot stronger all around, sucking down her bottles like they're filled with Bud Light, sleeping nearly seven hours a night and is very responsive...especially to me, which I love.

With the holiday season right around the corner we're all really excited for Anna to meet the few members of our families that she has yet to meet. Hopefully she'll laugh for you, just don't show her your camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment