Monday, April 27, 2009

Making your way in the world today...

By K.J. Cardinal

... takes everything you got. Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.

And help a lot it did indeed.

Yesterday, I ventured into the city with the girls for a good afternoon in Boston before I went to the Sox-Yankees game.

We didn't time our arrival in the city very well as we parked our car just as the Celts game went to overtime. So, we then had to haul ass over to Cheers so we could watch the game. The C's couldn't pull it out, but it was an amazing game nonetheless.

After dinner we walked around a bit and ventured over to the park near Tia's on the Waterfront. Anna was amazed by one of the water fountains there... and she LOVED it when Sammy picked her up so she could "splash splash" the water. It was priceless.


After the park, we hit up the new playground in that area. It's pretty solid. Anna loved the slides and showed that she has mastered them... well, except for the rolling head first tumble she took down the windy slide (pictured right) when she smashed her face into the side. Other than that though, completely mastered.

Our last stop of the day was a quick photo-op with Red Auerbach. Anna and I are definitely going to make this an annual tradition. Last year Anna was in awe of the statue, but this year she was so funny.

She rubbed his head and gave him hugs and kisses. Obviously, I was psyched that she has a love affair with the greatest basketball mind of all-time like me. I know it's not the right thing to do to force things onto your child, but if Anna doesn't grow up to be a huge Celts fan, then I have truly failed as a parent.


The night was capped off for me with the Sox getting out the brooms and sweeping the Yankees. My buddy Johnny took me to the game and we had a blast.

In related news, Angie came out of the gate strong in her effort to win her third-straight Wife of the Year Award as she drove into the city at midnight to pick me up. I was (obviously) in no shape to drive. Thanks hon!

2 comments:

  1. If only there was a mike greenwell statue that i could take my child to! Love the picture and the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna is so darn cute! And I would second your nomination for Ang as Wife of the Year.

    ReplyDelete