Saturday, April 25, 2009

Shorts, ducks and stale crackers

By K.J. Cardinal

Today's weather was great, but it paled in comparison to the sight of Anna in a pair of shorts.

If I closed my eyes, I bet I could hear my Papa singing "Who wears short shorts? Anna wears short shorts." He would've gotten quite the kick out of the little one if he laid eyes on her today... I know I did.

With Anna donning shorts for the first time since she's been able to walk, we were off to go feed the ducks.

We hit up this little spot off of Route 20, not the ideal spot for this Granite Stater, but we made due.

Anna thought the ducks, swans and geese were pretty cool, but she didn't really want to "feed" them. Instead, she wanted to eat the stale crackers.

We'd hand her a cracker and she'd immediately put it in her mouth. We tried to explain to her to throw the cracker at the ducks, but she wasn't having it. It was priceless.

I'm psyched that the good weather is here... not because I want to get a tan or go golfing, but because I can't wait to see Anna in shorts everyday.

1 comment:

  1. I just love this picture of you and Anna. You look so happy. Wasn't it just gorgeous out today. After Dad and I did our catering job we went for a long motorcycle ride. It actually was very hot!!

    P.S. could you please fed the ducks non-stale crackers...

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    Go sox!!!! Love you guys, Mom

    ReplyDelete