Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Cereal: Day 2

By K.J. Cardinal

Well, day two of the cereal experiment didn't go as well as day one.

I should've known I was in for a rough feeding when Anna took the first spoonful that I put in her mouth and spit it out as if she had a big dip of Copenhagen in. I actually laughed at first and thought it was rather funny...until she continued to do that for the next 10 minutes.

Each time I would delicately try to feed her some cereal, she'd put it all in her mouth and then not only spit it back out, but spit it out all over herself, her bib, her burpie and her high chair. All I could think of was one of the wonderful little quips that my Dad sometimes says..."It was like shoveling shit against the tide." That really sums it up

I can't lie, I was getting a little frustrated. But, at the same time impressed by her ability to launch the cereal a good 6-8 inches out of her mouth. I wish I could've taken a video of it to post, but I obviously had my hands full.

So, after about 10 minutes of "shoveling shit against the tide", I decided to concede. I poured the "cereal" into a bottle and just fed it to her that way. Call me a quitter, but near the end of those 10 minutes her frustration was even greater than mine as she was flailing her arms and starting to cry.

The beat goes on, but let's hope day three goes better than day two.

1 comment:

  1. You are so funny. I just love this blog. How you explain things makes me feel like I'm actually there. As Dr. Smith once told me "when they're hungry, they'll eat". If Tiffany could finally get to Andrew to drink milk, I'll bet you can get Anna to eat cereal. Good Luck! Love Mom

    ReplyDelete