Monday, February 18, 2008

Anna & Dad dominate mini golf, Baby Bjorn

By K.J. Cardinal

Adam and I made it back safe and sound from our disastrous trip to Binghamton, getting home around 8 p.m. last night. It was great to be home to see my girls and to hear that Angie and Sammy had conjured up a great President's Day activity for us all to participate in...indoor mini golf.

There's this place in Marlboro called Trombetta's Farm that has a small 18-hole indoor mini golf course. Definitely not award winning by any means, but just the idea of playing mini golf in February is pretty cool, so we figured it would be a good way to spend the late morning.

What was particularly fun was that Anna and I teamed up to play the entire round with her strapped to me in the Baby Bjorn. It was her first time in the Baby Bjorn facing out, so it was only fitting to have her in the Mini-Me set up for a round of mini golf.

When we first got the Baby Bjorn, I swore that I'd never wear it. This was my second time with Anna in the contraption and I must admit that it's pretty cool...because she loves it so much.

We played the first 12 holes with her facing out and she was loving it. So alert, checking everything out, and talking up a storm. Then we could tell that she was getting tired, so we re-adjusted her to face in on the bjorn and she fell fast asleep.

Despite having Anna strapped to my chest and only being able to putt one-handed for the most part, I was still able to squeak out a one-stroke victory over Sammy. Angie was only a few strokes behind in third.

It was definitely a lot of fun and I think that I might start doing more activities with Anna in the Baby Bjorn. Not only because she likes it so much, but also because it's just funny. Doing anything with Anna in the bjorn would be hilarious. Imagine seeing me shovel the driveway or mow the lawn with her in the bjorn. Classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment